Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums

Author Topic: Adult Women Largest Gaming Demographic  (Read 17278 times)

Remi

• Ranked Officer
  • 存在の理由など無くて
    • View Profile
    • My Characters
Re: Adult Women Largest Gaming Demographic
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2014, 05:40:47 pm »
play everything from ffxiv to

When FF came out for the Famikon, I skipped 3 days of school to beat it.  Then made a new party and beat it again even quicker.
When Zelda came out for the Super, I'm not entirely sure I left my room.
We had tonnes of games we traded with classmates.  *impish* including mass pirating of floppies~

There have always been women in gaming and I can't see why that is so difficult for some people. And I sure as heck didn't start gaming over 15 years ago to "spend time with my man

I do know a lot of girls that DID do that though.  The test was when they broke up: did they continue, or return to how they were before.  Some lost all interest, some sought other groups, and some just stayed and were especially vicious against their exs :P

Personally started PnP gaming after coming across a bunch of geeks mentioning names/words from a book someone had loaned me (well, okay, he was an illiterate twit (esp english), but he liked stories, so would steal books, have me read them, then get him to 'tell him' the story), and I got curious.  Turns out it was a computer game based on the book, and the game was based on a D&D Module.    And so I was handed a Player's Handbook and told I could get a copy of "Pools of Radiance" for my computer that evening if I came over.

-----

And not to politicise the thread, but with a certain on-going 'war', a lot of highly-visible female gamers are expressing their long history of being gamers.  *gasp* and some are single, hardcore, livestream let's play, and broke no marginalisatio n.  Definitely putting faces to the numbers.

Ryiah

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Adult Women Largest Gaming Demographic
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 05:12:05 pm »
uh... I liked the Secret World's Combat, and would still be playing if there was someone to play with.

The point of my post was not to highlight any individual game, but the fact that two different people can share interests in some games and not others. Also these said interests have more to do with micro personality traits then the macro stereotypes.