Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums
- Sir Huma, Lord Eldor, Order of the Crown (Dragonlance)

Author Topic: Pirates of The Burning Sea  (Read 32007 times)

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
Re: Pirates of The Burning Sea
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 04:26:35 pm »
Anyone know if its part of the Station Pass thing?

Connor

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
Re: Pirates of The Burning Sea station pass awns
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 04:43:27 pm »
Hi,

With all the fuz about the retail pre-order box, I wondered what added value it would bring to me.

To make a long story short: nothing really, however I am interested in joining the pre-boarding party.
So I checked out the digital download. It says one can obtain from station.com. As I was a former SWG player I already have an SOE station account and thought that would be very easy. However, reading the terms and conditions (yes, I actually did) I bumped into the following:

*Terms & Conditions
30 day subscription included with purchase of final game software for new subscribers only (existing accounts and SOE Station Access accounts are not eligible to receive gameplay included with purchase). Additional, recurring subscription fees apply thereafter. Converting an account to an active, paid, entitled subscription requires a valid credit card or game time card (if available). Internet connection required.
[END QUOTE]

The part that got me confused was "...the final game software for new subscribers only (existing SOE station Access accounts are not eligble to receive gameplay included with purchase)..."

--> what does that mean ? I cannot get the final software ? how do i play then ? not eligible to receive gamplay ? I pay for nothing then ?

Tried contacting SOE but the link for email support for Potbs does not work and since potbs and SOE have some kind of partnership I was hoping someone (FSL maybe ?) could explain me what is implicated here please ?

Because I do not want to pay and receive no game...thats for sure..

Dieter
______________ ____
---------------------------------------------------
James Wash
Privateer in Her Queen's Royal Service 

spidierox
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by spidierox

12-26-2007, 12:45 PM    #2 
ailar

Posts: 32  The relevant bit here is the beginning of the sentence:

"30 day subscription included with purchase of final game software for new subscribers only "

Meaning that if you put the game on your Station Access, you won't get the first month of free gameplay you would normally get (if you only subscribed to PotBS). That's a standard clause that applies for all the Station Access games.

ailar
View Public Profile
Send a private message to ailar
Find More Posts by ailar

12-28-2007, 06:31 PM    #3 
lashiens
Aether Griefer

To further elaborate on this, there is a difference between a Station Access account and your Station Account.

Station Account: The account that you use to access their games.

Station Access: Play all games in the SOE online library for single montly fee (30 bucks, usually.) This is a feature that you add TO your station account.
______________ ____

Your official friendly neighborhood Boarding Party Representative! 
Caribbean Cartel
There is no crying in the red circle.

lashiens
View Public Profile
Send a private message to lashiens
Visit lashiens's homepage!
Find More Posts by lashiens

12-28-2007, 06:47 PM    #4 
TheUnknownShad ow

Posts: 148  Yes, the Station Access (or Station Pass as it's equally know) are where you pay a monthly fee for ever SOE game.

To give you an example, I already pay for this. I pay £18.99 a month and I get to arse about on any SOE game 

Now, to go into exact details of my subscription, my Station Pass comes out on 26th of each month. As this game is going to be included in the Station Pass, I won't get the 30 days free because I'm already paying a base monthly fee for all SOE games anyway.

Do that make sense?

It's because I've already got an overriding subscription that the "30 days free" that I'd get in the box simply don't apply to me.
______________ ____
The East London Empire

Please vote on my flag and sail design!
Flag entry
Sail Entry 

TheUnknownShad ow
View Public Profile
Send a private message to TheUnknownShad ow
Find More Posts by TheUnknownShad ow

12-30-2007, 02:04 AM    #5 
rashy

Posts: 20  In fairness if your an existing SoE customer the access pass is a great deal (until they increase the price) I am in Vanguard and this game is a very nice contrast to it. So Station access it will be for me.
______________ ____
Repeat after me : Always be concise and never waffle needlessly.   

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 06:09:00 pm »
Interesting, it looks like it will be on the Station Pass then.
Lt. Col. Urragra

Kayhynn

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
    • VGS - Video Game Scoreboard - Set World Records
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 07:54:35 pm »
I'll see what I can find out about this...that is a good question tho

The Pre-Order you get the soundtrack CD (which I adore) and gifts for any and all caracters you create after you use your early pre-order code.

It includes a special weapon, a parrot and something else

Set World Records, Get Gaming News at Video Game Scoreboard: http://www.videogamescoreboard.com/

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 10:25:42 pm »
It possable I will have access since its on my station pass thing so the question is do we want to try to start a company here?

Connor

Kayhynn

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 04:25:58 am »
When I get my review (videos and pictures) done for Stratics Friday night, i'll link it here.

Set World Records, Get Gaming News at Video Game Scoreboard: http://www.videogamescoreboard.com/

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 11:19:24 am »
Ok so do we want to start the watch in Pirates of the burning sea? I know that Daxe will also be in the game.

Connor

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 01:30:13 pm »
How much is the station pass?
Lt. Col. Urragra

Kayhynn

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 05:42:46 pm »
Not sure.  I was thinking about getting it myself if I decide to try SWG again, since that's included in it as is EQ and EQII.

I'm interested in Watch in PotBS.  I'm guaging interest of BRegan before I decide to head Watch there.  I don't think we're gonna have interest in Bregan to bring it up to speed.

Kayhynn

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2008, 05:29:16 am »
So i'm back...have we picked a server or anything or considered my other thought?

Cyberjudge Optimus

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2008, 01:45:04 am »
I have to say when I played the beta it was a great game for beta, I was impressed. Unfotunetly though I have to avoid spending more money on games and computer stuff or my wife may have me sleep in the room with our dog. If I went with another game that required a monthly fee I would have to drop the game I am currently playing and I promissed Connor I would stick with SWG for the long run. I even resisted the temptations of LORTRO that offered $9.99 purchase price for the game and $9.99/month for life. That let me say was a tough thing to do since I would have saved a bundle compared to what I'm paying for SWG.
From,
CYBERJUDGE OPTIMUS - Captain
Playing SW - The Old Republic, and Guild Wars 2
RBW Member since October 10, 2002

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2008, 07:53:31 am »
I would be intrested to see a watch branch here it is a most impressive game from what I saw and the only cost to me of course is buying the software since I have a Station Pass account.

However I would need someone to head up the watch here for a bit since the lions share of my time at the moment is in Lord of the Rings Online. I know that Moordoom is mostly in WOW so thoughts? Can we get 4 to 6 watchers here that will work on the guild and perhaps set it up?

Connor

Daxe

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2008, 05:06:22 pm »
We're in !!  Bonny server, sailing under the British flag. My character is Daxe Darkmoon..look ing forward to seeing you guys !!!

~ Daxe

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2008, 05:19:22 pm »
Non-Guldmaster adding British pain in the sinking ship got a bit to do... someone hand me some pitch!

Daxe

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2008, 07:12:45 pm »
I know when you buy the box it comes with a 14 day buddy key. Those of us that have purchased the game, it would be cool if we could hold on to our buddy keys and maybe let another Watcher have it to try the game out.

Completely up to you of course :)

Thanks !

~ Daxe