1. A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
2. Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks or it will
3. The dot over the letter "i" is called a tittle.
4. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down
continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
5. A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
6. A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.
7. A 2" X 4" Stud is really 1-1/2" by 3-1/2".
8. During the chariot scene in 'Ben Hur,' a small red car can be seen in the
distance (and Heston's wearing a watch).
9. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily! (That
explains a few mysteries... .)
10. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
11. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were
made of wood.
12. The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a
game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
13. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and
14. The name 'Wendy' was made up for the book Peter Pan. There was never a
recorded 'Wendy' before.
15. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed
the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
16. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go
mad and sting itself to death. (Who was the sadist who discovered this??)
17. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down so you
could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.
18. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen' s 'Born in the USA.'
19. The original name for butterfly was flutterby. (and that is a more
20. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated
that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
21. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for
automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was Victrola,
so they called themselves Motorola.
22. Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet.
23. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cannot sink into
24. Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of
celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
25. Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike
26. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
27. Sherlock Holmes NEVER said, "Elementary, my dear Watson."
28. An old law in Bellingham, Washington, made it illegal for a woman to take
more than three steps backwards while dancing!
29. The glue on Israeli postage is certified kosher.
30. The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most
often stolen from public libraries.
31. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because
passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.
32. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave!