Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums

Author Topic: Chivalry Now  (Read 4470 times)

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
Chivalry Now
« on: September 02, 2008, 04:45:06 pm »

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
Re: Chivalry Now
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 07:01:15 pm »
A lot of people of the male gender are decidedly NOT men.  How do people become contributing members of society if not by acculturation?  It might be off to say women are born being women, but its certainly not far off saying men need to be taught proper behavior.  Any resource that encourages better behavior from them is fine by me!
Lt. Col. Urragra

Tadik

• Ranked Officer
  • Honor, Piety, Loyalty
    • View Profile
Re: Chivalry Now
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 08:39:37 pm »
I firmly beleive that- to be considered a Man and able to call yourself one- a guy MUST have something to live by. Whether it be a code of conduct, code of honor, chivallry itself (my personal choice), or even a holy book. A man also must be of the "good" persuasion. Now i know the term "good" is subjective to different peoples interpretation s. They also must know how to treat a women with the respect she deserves- this does not mean to do EVERYTHING for them or to be all mushy about it- but treating a women with kindness and compassion is not weakness (contrary to what many people i know have told me)- it is a strength that i feel many "men" these days are lacking in. In my opinion- until a boy can say for certain he has all of these things in his heart, well and truly, then he can call himself a man. Until that point- your just a grown up boy.

I understand some will find this philosophy of mine sexist- and if thats the case then I apologize- but the world of Men has gotten far away from what it truly could be. Just my two cents :-\
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 05:44:05 pm by Tadik Tideturner »