Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums
- U2 (Some Days Are Better Than Others) 1993

Author Topic: Another Star Wars another Hope!!  (Read 57839 times)

Freaden

• View Profile
Re: Another Star Wars another Hope!!
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2009, 04:51:36 pm »
Here is some new news on the game, as well as a good walk through of the game! Enjoy!

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20090819_001

Moz

• Ranked Officer
  • IT'S A TARP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2009, 06:04:59 pm »
You know its close when the pre-orders start... ;D

Oh yeah, that would be extremely close. We probably won't be there for another year or so ;D

Here is some new news on the game, as well as a good walk through of the game! Enjoy!

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20090819_001

I watched that this morning for the first time, it's an excellent gameplay video that gives one a feel for what to expect in the game. One thing I noticed though, is that the imperial starship captain has the same face as the bounty hunter's mentor, he's just wearing a cap. Hoping this is just early development footage and things like that will get fleshed-out as things progress. As a long-time player of BioWare games, I'm still not 100% convinced they'll be able to translate their epic single-player RPGs into the MMO space, but if anyone can do it, it's them.

Sept 2010 would be great, that's just 1 year away. I've been guessing we were about 2 years from launch. I won't get my hopes up though, BioWare has a history of delaying launches until everything is up to standards. Dragon Age has been in development for 6 or 7 years now, IIRC, and they just delayed the launch of that one by a couple of months.

True, but you have to remember the austin studio was started in 2006 to deal with the demand of working on to many projects at once. That was 3 years ago, if you go and dig through all the press releases from Bioware you also have to look at Obsidian and why they were brought in to do KotOR 2. Bioware was qouted they were working on another game of the same Genre and didn't want the 2 products influnacing each other... It looks like the Old Republic could have been in development for far longer then we have even been told so far.

Yeah, I first reported on BioWare's "super-secret-as-yet-unannounced" MMO here on these forums several years ago, back on the old forums, before the great crash (tm), when speculation was flying that it might be an old republic-themed game, but no one was sure (probably one of the worst-kept secrets ever in the video game industry, because everyone who had played KotOR knew it couldn't be anything else).

Major
Co-Project Officer
Charlie Co. MechWarrior Online
Royal Black Watch

Freaden

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2009, 07:23:09 pm »
Here it is!! The first Sith class announced, the Sith Warrior....int eresting...I wonder if they are going to make a class like this for each jedi/sith like warrior, healer, sentenal, etc. Then the talent trees may make you better at your class instead of determining what your class is, like just having a generic jedi/sith and then going into your tree choice, tank,healer, dps. That would be a nice change and gives more class options. Who knows though I am rambling. Either way,it's looking great! Here is the link. http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/classes/sith-warrior enjoy! ;D

Gav

Freaden

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2009, 12:54:13 pm »
TEST IS WHILE IT'S HOT!!! The Old Rep, is now taking apps for testing the game! So head to the site and sign up. If anyone from the Watch can get into the game that would give us some great insight as well as feedback on what the game is like and what we should do to get the guild ready for it!! :). So head to www.swtor.com and hopefully claim your spot as a tester! Good luck all, hope someone gets in here. ;D. Also, please let us know if you do, cause then we can bug you none stop about it haha! ;)

Gav

Kianne Cassidy

• Website Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2009, 02:45:35 pm »
According to the TOS, testers aren't allowed to talk about the game even if they get in the beta test.

Allowed disclosures:

- That the beta test exists
- That you are a member of the beta test

Disallowed disclosures:

- Everything else :P

"A bonus quest objective popped up: Jump off the collapsing island.  We all put on Feather Fall and jumped.  We all died.  Like lemmings."

Freaden

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2009, 02:54:51 pm »
Oh yeah...duh!. I guess I should have kinda figured that lol. Still would be good to get some of the Watchers in the game. Once they can share with the rest of us, it would be good to know how the game runs and what to expect come launch.

Neyral

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2009, 03:13:29 am »
PreCU SWG was great.. (Shipwright/Droid Engineer)

for SW:TOR I have signed up for the beta. (fingers crossed) planning to be a non-jedi on the side of light of course.

there is also a group of fans working on getting a PreCU SWG back up and running.. lots of glitches and bugs so far.. check out SWGEmu for details on it.

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2009, 02:50:59 pm »
You know we have often spoken about starting up a SWG shard or the like just never had the intrest overall. And with KOTR Online coming out well...

Connor

Sygil

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2009, 05:35:22 pm »
You know we have often spoken about starting up a SWG shard or the like just never had the intrest overall. And with KOTR Online coming out well...

Connor

SWG shard with pre-NGE code could be fun.
-Sygil

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2009, 12:01:04 am »
So was that a volunteer that I heard?

Mistina

• Positioned Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2009, 12:45:37 pm »
Pre NGE swg was great....I really liked SWG but after NGE just couldn't get into it anymore....eve n after going back for a short time it just wasn't the same to me. But would we have enough involvement for a private SWG shard?

Kayhynn

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
    • VGS - Video Game Scoreboard - Set World Records
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2009, 04:20:56 pm »
I have a friend who ran one for a bit.  It's a lot more work than it might be worth.

Set World Records, Get Gaming News at Video Game Scoreboard: http://www.videogamescoreboard.com/

Moz

• Ranked Officer
  • IT'S A TARP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2009, 12:00:25 am »
Eh, a lot of people get all misty-eyed about the pre-NGE days, but they don't remember how much stuff was bugged and flat-out broken back then.

Major
Co-Project Officer
Charlie Co. MechWarrior Online
Royal Black Watch

Neyral

Re: The Old Republic
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2009, 07:42:52 pm »
already signed up for the Beta for whenever that happens..
hopefully they make smugglers "neutral" instead of throwing them into the fires of faction immediately.

Ryvur

• My Inner Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Wandering Dreamer
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2009, 02:09:05 am »
They're still working on that PRE-CU deal, wow... I miss it but not that much... I think TOR will be great though.

Freaden

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2009, 09:51:36 pm »
Welp! Here it is, they finally have listed all of the classes. They all are looking very interesting and seem like there is a good balance between the two sides. Here you go, have a look and pick your poision!:D http://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/classes . Still looking forward to this game!

Gavin

Kayhynn

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
    • VGS - Video Game Scoreboard - Set World Records
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2010, 10:14:56 pm »

Set World Records, Get Gaming News at Video Game Scoreboard: http://www.videogamescoreboard.com/

Dalantos

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2010, 03:52:32 pm »
 Well, with a whole year to wait for SW:TOR I've been checkin out the SWGEmu.
It's pre-CU. Been playing on the test server for about a month now and it's been fun.Alot of people on and the cantina is full in Cnet.
It is a test server though and they will occasionally wipe. They are close to completion and will open a live server(sun crusher).

I figure it'll pass the time while I wait for TOR.
Until then...I'm holo-grinding!!!  WOOT!!!

Check it out

http://www.swgemu.com

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2010, 03:33:04 am »
I tried the EMU a while ago but had problems getting my configuration (their patches) to work.  What if any difficulties did you find?
Lt. Col. Urragra

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2010, 11:38:21 pm »
Hmm a thought here should we perhaps try to establish a watch presence here?

Dalantos

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2010, 06:30:38 pm »
 If you still have your original SWG and JTL disks,intall them.Do not update with Sony's launchpad. Instead download and install SWGEmu's "Enhanced Launchpad" and let it update. I did this and haven't had any problems.

The game is bugged at the moment(it's a test server after all)but it's coming along.Great community(lotta familiar faces there).Everyone there is very supportive. If you miss the Pre-CU dayz then check it out. You can always uninstall if you don't like it.

Neyral

« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2010, 07:43:33 pm »
i tried it out back about 6months ago and had a few concerns that they did not seem to be developing the crafting professions.. (Everyone was a TK) has that changed?

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2010, 01:15:08 am »
I never had JTL disks.. Someone gave me a code to DL it... do you NEED JTL to play?
Lt. Col. Urragra

Dalantos

« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2010, 12:53:22 pm »
No, you don't need JTL to play. They have been working on crafting although,there still is a number of things that still need fixing.I know there are several armorsmiths and weaponsmiths. And harvesters are being dropped everywhere.
As far as TK,it's still pretty popular.I'm a novice BH atm. Lot of swordsman,rifleman and pistoleers.Ent ertainers and Doctors and medics too!

Ambusher

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2011, 09:12:39 pm »
     I was at a computer store and they checked their system and think KOR will be out after 1/1/12 ! Just in time for the end of the world. lol