Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums

Author Topic: Is it too early to think about Halloween?  (Read 8233 times)

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
Is it too early to think about Halloween?
« on: August 26, 2008, 10:48:51 pm »
Anyone know what they are doing?
Lt. Col. Urragra

Averyl Myc Cynewulf

• View Profile
Re: Is it too early to think about Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 02:46:25 pm »
I am making a new Harry Potter robe. My son has grown out of his, but still wants to be one. Most of these stupid costumes bought in the store come in only 2 sizes, kids and adualt. We have looked in vain for an owl costume for his little brother, it would have been cute. However he's old enouph now to have an oppion about what he wants to be.

Otherwise bracing myself for the nightmare of my younger son on sugar. Two days after halloween we gather all the ramaining candy up and tos it out and hope the sugar gets out his system before we kill him, and this year since he now in school before he gets suspended.

I use to love Halloween, then I had children.

Averyl

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 06:52:37 pm »
I like dressing my boy up.  Of course he is only 2, so we haven't hit the candy crack stage yet.  We're thinking of making him a Zombie this year...
Lt. Col. Urragra

Ivan the Mad

• Gumbo Chef
  • Ranked Officer
  • Ridiculum sum, ergo sum
    • View Profile
    • My unaesthetic yet informative webpage.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 07:16:17 pm »
I am getting ready for the MONTH LONG DEAD OCTOBER HALLOWEEN PARTY ON THE ROLEPLAY BOARDS!

No, I am not excited at all...  or maybe i am just loopy from yet another heinous beginning of the school year....
For the Watch
Ivan the Mad,
Royal Black Watch

--Welcome to the Internet.  I am Ivan.  I capitalize, indent, and spell-check so that you don't have to.

Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni!

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 11:17:46 pm »
I am getting ready for the MONTH LONG DEAD OCTOBER HALLOWEEN PARTY ON THE ROLEPLAY BOARDS!

No, I am not excited at all...  or maybe i am just loopy from yet another heinous beginning of the school year....

Do tell?
Lt. Col. Urragra

Gilgamoth

• Ranked Officer
  • SP Gilgamoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 02:13:21 am »
I am making a new Harry Potter robe. My son has grown out of his, but still wants to be one. Most of these stupid costumes bought in the store come in only 2 sizes, kids and adualt. We have looked in vain for an owl costume for his little brother, it would have been cute. However he's old enouph now to have an oppion about what he wants to be.

Otherwise bracing myself for the nightmare of my younger son on sugar. Two days after halloween we gather all the ramaining candy up and tos it out and hope the sugar gets out his system before we kill him, and this year since he now in school before he gets suspended.

I use to love Halloween, then I had children.

Averyl

My local grocery store was already stocking half an aisle of Halloween candy in late August.  When I walked by there, I thought "Oh geez, its almost the 31st, I gotta buy candy for all the trick-or-treaters!!! ... oh wait... I'm two months early... and so is QFC.  Thanks."

When I was a kid, one of my neighbors had this petrified wad of year-old Halloween candy.  Their kids couldn't have eaten it even if they wanted to.  Not without an ice-pick, at least.

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 01:03:44 am »
My boy was a vampire his first Halloween.  Last year he was a nazghul I think... I dono what we're gonna do this year...
Lt. Col. Urragra

Gilgamoth

• Ranked Officer
  • SP Gilgamoth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 04:22:25 am »
Well, following the trend, it should be something more specific and more obscure.  You know, something that none of the other kids will even recognize, like maybe one of the zombies from "Shaun of the Dead" or something.   8)