Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums

Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxies (Private Servers?)  (Read 3563 times)

Imjehl

Star Wars Galaxies (Private Servers?)
« on: May 05, 2014, 04:05:17 pm »
Hail All,

I need some information confirmation here.

I heard tell awhile back that, following the quote-unquote DEATH of SWG, some hard-core fans had started up their own servers. I myself have never been able to confirm this as every search for these Phantom Menaces came up empty.

My question is this: Do these Private Servers actually exist? If they do and they are still active, how does one such as myself gain access to them?

I know that my first Virtual Home is long-dead and, most likely, will never rise again. But I long to return to my days as a Master Droid Engineer if it is at all possible.

My thanks, Friends.

Grei

• Positioned Officer
  • Tank Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Galaxies (Private Servers?)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 04:12:17 pm »
When Galaxies went into the Expansion of Doom, there were several private servers that popped up but SOE hunted them down pretty ruthlessly.  A few were still around when Galaxies died, but I haven't heard of any of them in recent years.

Wandering Aimlessly from Game to Game

Vasch

• Knights of the Watch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 04:50:01 pm »
I think this might be what you're looking for http://www.swgemu.com/forums/index.php. This is also already on our forums http://www.royalblackwatch.net/forums/index.php?topic=23.0  ;D
Vasch
Major (MAJ),
Royal Black Watch

Brethraeus

• Positioned Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 01:03:50 pm »
yes private servers are still up and running but they are very very small undedicated servers. you will mainly find them throughout asia proper (korea, japan, china, etc.) ive been on a few of the servers before they just gave up cause most of their player bases got bored with not having new content coming out every month or so. but reguardless in some back alley forum board in the black market of internet games you WILL find SWG servers running. WARNING: if you join one of these servers you run major risk of being hacked or downloading back door Trojan virus's. totally not worth it.