Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums

Author Topic: [RBW]An Endurance Horse Race - by Erethalion  (Read 18708 times)

Erethalion

[RBW]An Endurance Horse Race - by Erethalion
« on: November 06, 2008, 08:37:20 am »
I have posted a suggestion on the LOTRO suggestion board for "An Endurance Horse Race"

In The Lord of the Rings - The fellowship of the Rings
Glorfindel an elf from Rivendell lends Frodo his horse to Race to Imladris. 

I wonder if it might be to far  fetched to create an "Endurance horse race" that people could run with way points much like the Festival runs but have a run that starts in Needlehole and goes to Rivendell.

I am planning an event for the members of my Kinship The Royal Black Watch to be held during the holiday season on Gladden. 
We are going to have a Raid Group and have all people in the Raid RACE from Needle Hole to the Last Homely House on player horses. 

People will need to dismount and collect a predetermined item from one of my kin folk at 5 convergence zones along the route. 
(no one will know what the items will be) ... but the person to show up at the Last Homely House with all 5 items in his possession will be the Winner !!   

First convergence zone will be in Hobbiton at “The Ivy Bush” where they will be given an item by a Kin mate and swig a pint.

Second convergence zone will be in Buckland at “Brandy Hall” where they will be given an item by a Kin mate and swig a pint.

Third convergence zone will be in Archet at “The Mad Badger” where they will be given an item by a Kin mate and swig a pint.

Forth convergence zone will be in LoneLands at “The Forsaken Inn” where they will be given an item by a Kin mate and swig a pint.

Fifth convergence zone will be in Trollshaws at “Echad Candelleth” where they will be given an item by a Kin mate and swig a pint.

Then the last push will be to Rivendell and the “Last Homely House” where the first person to turn in all 5 items to the Kin Race official (out the back door where Samwise was sitting) will be declared the !!WINNER!!

Tinuwen

• Knights of the Watch
  • Knight of the Sword
    • View Profile
    • Legacy Games-Marvel Heroes 2015
Re: [RBW]An Endurance Horse Race - by Erethalion
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 02:27:03 am »
Sounds like fun.... I can wait in Buckland and drink till I fall over hand out an Item (best would be a easily crafted item that retains the creators name).

Oh Erethalion, are you having trouble logging in as Aareth? If so, let me or CJ know and we can help you :)
Tinwen, LtCol
"Statistics should be used the way a drunk uses a lamppost, for support, not illumination."
-- Venerable broadcaster Vin Scully

Shoray Glass

• View Profile
Re: [RBW]An Endurance Horse Race - by Erethalion
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 03:17:30 am »
This sounds like a lot of fun, very imaginative.  Count me in. :)