Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums

Author Topic: New World  (Read 492 times)

Lili Birchflower

• Global Moderator
  • Regiment Adjutant
    • View Profile
New World
« on: June 11, 2020, 03:49:38 pm »
Fate has summoned you to the shores of Aeternum, the Eternal Isle. Overcome the brutal legions of The Corrupted and draw battle lines with competing players in this land of danger and opportunity. In a land hell-bent on your destruction, what will you do to survive? Strike out alone to forge your own heroic path, or band together, fortify, and fight.

Under the surface of Aeternum’s breathtaking landscape lay the seeds of an ancient evil that plots to erase all traces of humanity from its shores. Warriors of bygone ages, doomed adventurers, and creatures of legend have all succumbed to its corruption. It must be stopped.

Expected release Aug 25, 2020

https://www.newworld.com/en-us?fbclid=IwAR0_n4IPbV_vY259RqIyMYJACQZ2ivKtPWC_IWlCanz85iQxLpD3FEb0Ngc
*If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.*

Lili Birchflower

• Global Moderator
  • Regiment Adjutant
    • View Profile
New World
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 03:51:41 pm »
"In a new blog post, Amazon goes into New World’s crafting in a lot of detail, explaining that when you arrive in its mysterious land – Aeternum – you’ll “immediately face challenges to overcome”, and crafting will help you tackle them. “Trading and crafting skills in New World are powerful tools and progress endlessly,” the dev says, and the more you level up these, the more you’ll be able to spot, harvest, refine, create, and sell awesome goodies, as you’d expect from the RPG."

More at https://www.pcgamesn.com/new-world/crafting?

Grei

• Positioned Officer
  • Tank Destroyer
    • View Profile
Re: New World
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 03:11:18 am »
I was in the early testing on this game.  Graphically it's really nice, the story has some interesting depths as well. 

Unfortunately some of the mechanics were not clear and given the NDA that everyone was under, there wasn't a lot of ways to find answers to questions.  All in all, it's a game I'm looking forward to playing after release.
Wandering Aimlessly from Game to Game

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 09:27:44 pm »
Well I found out that I am in a closed beta sometime soon.  I hope it does well

Lili Birchflower

• Global Moderator
  • Regiment Adjutant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 02:13:52 am »
Let us know how it goes!  Release is end of August, last I saw.  Maybe it's been moved back, or maybe the game is finished enough the devs feel comfortable in releasing.

I put in for beta testing but haven't got the green light yet.  ::shrugs::

Lili Birchflower

• Global Moderator
  • Regiment Adjutant
    • View Profile
New World
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 01:46:56 am »
Forge & Fury - December Alpha Update

DECEMBER 15, 2020 | UPDATES

The land of Aeternum is a wild, mystical place with a never-ending tide of dangerous inhabitants. From vicious wildlife to undead pirates, massive monsters, or even your fellow adventurers, there’s almost always a reason to keep your weapon at the ready.

Since play testers first arrived in New World, we’ve taken in a massive amount of feedback on our combat system. In an Alpha update released today, we made changes to combat that we’d like to talk about, and we’d like to share our larger vision moving forward. You can read the patch notes or keep reading for a high-level view of the player feedback we’ve received and our plans for addressing it.

More at:  https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/forge-and-fury-december-alpha-update

Lili Birchflower

• Global Moderator
  • Regiment Adjutant
    • View Profile
New World
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 10:43:31 pm »
Updates on Quest Design
MARCH 23, 2021 | DEV UPDATE
Quests are the backbone of New World’s narrative experience. Through them, you will explore the world, gain experience, acquire critical items, upgrade your gear, and progress your character. Armed with your feedback, we have been consistently making improvements to our questing system and will continue to make changes as we head toward launch and beyond.

OUR VISION:
We have four key pillars that drive our vision for quests:

GIVE PLAYERS IDENTITY AND PURPOSE
We want players to understand their role within the cataclysmic events unfolding across Aeternum, while learning how to navigate New World’s core systems and empowering them to experiment and discover which skills, activities, and gear best fit their playstyle.

IMMERSE PLAYERS IN AETERNUM
The Main Story Questline (MSQ) guides players through each of the island’s regions and offers opportunities to explore the lore of Aeternum through uncovering ancient secrets, learning about the enemy groups that occupy the land, and meeting powerful friends and enemies as you learn that not all is as it seems on the surface of this new and mystical world.

More at:  https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/updates-on-quest-design

Lili Birchflower

• Global Moderator
  • Regiment Adjutant
    • View Profile
"Attention Adventurers,

We are extremely excited as we head toward Closed Beta on July 20.

Our vision for New World is to create a game where PvP and PvE play styles will not just coexist but will complement each other. Our goal is to create a world where incredible natural beauty is contrasted with supernatural danger. We set out to tell the story of how the allure of Azoth has drawn people from nations around the world—and how the Corruption that awaits them in Aeternum has impacted them over the centuries. We also wanted to create an MMO with action combat that felt great at scale. Most of all, we wanted to craft a world that players could get lost in for hours and hours. I feel that we've achieved our vision by striking the right balance with our new content and features.

In the past months, our focus has been on adding new features and content. You can read about our most recent changes in the May Alpha release notes. Following the May Alpha release, we will be focused on bugs, polish, performance, and diving deep into balance to deliver a quality experience at launch.

With all that in mind, we plan to continue Alpha Testing until July 6. We will continue inviting more players to help us test until Alpha Test closure. Closed Beta will launch on July 20.

We are extremely grateful for the support and enthusiasm the New World community continues to show. It is humbling and encouraging. We are proud of what we have been able to accomplish in the past year. We have been busy adding new zones like Reekwater and Ebonscale, new weapons and weapon skill trees, we have overhauled crafting, reworked questing and added voiceover. We have added Fishing, Duels, Expeditions, Outpost Rush, new creatures, and enhanced UI, and made countless other important improvements to make us ready for our August launch.

Again, I want to thank you all for your patience through the development process. You’ve helped us craft this experience. We have been in the world playing with you; actively reading all of your feedback, comments, forum posts, and tweets; listening to shows; and watching video content. All of this has contributed to our ability to deliver a game we hope you’ll love.

Remember, launch is Day 1. It is just the beginning for us, and we will continue to grow Aeternum, add features, and partner with our players to shape New World.

See you in Aeternum!

- Scot"

https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/may-alpha-update-from-the-developers

Lili Birchflower

• Global Moderator
  • Regiment Adjutant
    • View Profile
New World - RBW info
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2021, 11:56:35 am »
It's out, and the Watch has arrived!

- Server:  Orofena
- Faction:  Marauders
- Guild master:  Connore Mcleod
- Guild name:  The Royal Black Watch

Gameboy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2021, 12:27:15 am »
Just started playing kinda maybe I know what I am doing :D

Gameboy

Blaze Firestryke on Orofena

Klenora

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2021, 06:09:29 pm »
Members are scattered about different servers because the queue was extremely high on Orofena at launch. I selected Lesnik as a Marauder.  Lesnik has dwindled along with many others. It is requested to combine all into one server now that transfers are working.

Please post your faction if you are still playing, your location, and preferred server.

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2021, 12:20:30 pm »
I think that most are scattered all over the lands. I am still on Lesnik but should send a guildwide message with this link and the best location. Should we return to our original server? Does it seem that many have stopped playing?