Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums

Author Topic: Your favorite memories of your Dad  (Read 5138 times)

Kheldarren

• Ranked Officer
  • I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy each minute
    • View Profile
Your favorite memories of your Dad
« on: June 11, 2009, 03:22:16 pm »
With Father's Day fast approaching (and me being a father a few times over), I have been wondering what my kids favorite memories are/will be. Share with us your favorite memories of your father and then, after you wrote them down and smile - call your father and share them with him. I guarantee you'll make his day.
Kheldarren
Captain, D Company
Royal Black Watch

Kheldarren

• Ranked Officer
  • I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy each minute
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite memories of your Dad
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 12:59:46 pm »
I can't believe I forgot to leave mine!

My favorite memories of my Dad is working on things with him out in the barn. He would slip from time to time and I'd actually hear him swear, then he'd tell me "Don't repeat that to your mother". He would also play a joke or come up with a clever comment and we'd get to see his famous grin. I think that's one of the things my Mom and I both miss a lot is that grin. He was normally a very serious person, so seeing the grin meant he was in a good mood and having fun.
Kheldarren
Captain, D Company
Royal Black Watch

Daxe

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 09:18:58 pm »
well, my dad died when I was 10 yrs old..and considering I'm 40 now it's been a long time...memorie s fade with time unfortunately. I do remember how funny and fun loving he was. One of the things I remember most is when he would put out his finger and say "pull my finger !" LOL  well, you know what happens next..hehe or the time he put on a rubber halloween mask..I think I was about 5yrs old. He came out of the bedroom with that thing on and scared the crap outta me ! To this day I'm terrified of those stupid masks !

Miriwina

• Knights of the Watch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 02:10:50 am »
My favorite memory.... that was some 32years ago... * yeah i am old lol*
I just got married and was living in an appartment a few streets away from where my parents lived.. and during the evening, knowing my husband at the time was working 3-11 hours my dad would come to the appartment and instead of ringing the bell... he would pick whatever he could  find on the ground .. snow if it was winter.. and throw it at the window till i would show up.. then him and his dog and me and my dog would take a long walk in the park... it was some kind of ritual..  i didnt even have to look outside to know it was him waiting for me to go out.. It went on almost every day.. even in the rain for almost a year.. till my x and I moved away...
I sure miss those days.... specially that my dad died 13 years ago.... wished we had stayed in that appartment many more years...
Miriwina
Lieutenant Colonel (Lt Col)
The Royal Black Watch

Greaph

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 02:23:16 am »
Riding on the gas tank of my dad's bike in florida....mus t have been very late 60's or early 70's. The wind in my hair, leaning back against my dad, with his big arms on both sides of me gripping the handlebars.... ..great times...I must have been 3 or 4 years old.