Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums
- Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

Author Topic: Guild Wars anyone?  (Read 8933 times)

Rhrage

Guild Wars anyone?
« on: May 05, 2008, 11:46:25 pm »
Just wondered if there are any current or former Guild Wars players here. WOW is usually down on Tuesdays til 1pm central or longer so if I have time I run on over to GW.

It has the most beautiful graphics of any game imo and there is no monthly fee.
You can solo but you never solo alone with the henchmen and heroes to help you. I have played alot of MMO's but Gw is still my favorite.

I think the game stores sell all 3 campaigns  (trial) on a disk for about $2

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 03:50:23 am »
G Company used to play guild wars, but we switched to Silk Road Online (totally free, nothing to buy at all).  Theres even a section in the screen shots gallery from Guild Wars, but AFAIK no one is still active there.
Lt. Col. Urragra

Kianne Cassidy

• Website Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 03:38:13 pm »
I have the game and as far as I know my account is still there.  I haven't played in a while.  I burned out on the later levels.  It was one of those games where I really enjoyed the newbie area (created like 4 or 5 characters over time just to play through the newbie area with the different classes), but once I left the newbie area and entered the actual game, it kind of got dull.

I think my main character is almost at the level cap, but not yet ascended; I seem to recall I was having troubles beating those later missions solo (even with henchmen).

Last I played was before the expansion packs, though.

"A bonus quest objective popped up: Jump off the collapsing island.  We all put on Feather Fall and jumped.  We all died.  Like lemmings."

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 10:01:18 pm »
There is still a large guild hold there and few other things I log in from time to time to check on it.

Connor

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 07:16:18 pm »
There is the Guild Hall from back when we had a Company there, but thats it.   I don't have the game installed anymore, or know where it is for that matter, so unless Connor can add you to the guild...
Lt. Col. Urragra

Tinuwen

• Knights of the Watch
  • Knight of the Sword
    • View Profile
    • Legacy Games-Marvel Heroes 2015
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 12:30:28 am »
I have Guild Wars but don't play much at all. FYI if you ever did play, and didn't delete your account it will still be there (they don't delete inactive accounts) :)
Tinwen, LtCol
"Statistics should be used the way a drunk uses a lamppost, for support, not illumination."
-- Venerable broadcaster Vin Scully