Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums

Author Topic: Character Study: Grontasaurus (WOW)  (Read 3269 times)

Grontasaurus

• The End Is Near! Wait... there it went.
    • View Profile
    • The Chaos Continuum
Character Study: Grontasaurus (WOW)
« on: October 20, 2009, 07:42:50 pm »
Rosa Maria.  It is the only name from my before-life that matters.

As the skin of the Exodar began to melt and the hull broke apart, I held her close, telling her our love would transcend the bounds of time and space; but in my heart there was torture, the fear that I might be wrong.  I hoped it hadn't come through in my voice, or in how tightly I clung to her.  There was a mighty lurch, and I knew that the pod we were in had broken free of the main ship.  She quivered, looking at me with damp eyes that begged an answer to an unspoken question.  I answered with a smile and a gentle kiss on her forehead.  Everything would be exactly as it should be.  I removed the rose from my breast, so that it's thorns would not hurt her...
It's only scary until you realize that you are running toward the chasm deliberately.

Grontasaurus

• The End Is Near! Wait... there it went.
    • View Profile
    • The Chaos Continuum
Re: Character Study: Grontasaurus (WOW)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 05:36:03 pm »
Back in Shadowmoon Valley, I worked hard to please everyone and be a productive member of society.  Even though I was a simple farmer, I had gone to the finest schools and even developed a few of the latest techniques.

My first yearnings were not toward agriculture, but science; upholding family heritage was important to me, and I found a way to combine my desires with tradition.  Our family crest was a two-headed Labrador, and by the time I was a young man, it was clear to me that this sigil was alive in my blood and that of my fathers before me.  Warm of blood, loving unconditionall y, trusting of all, loyal to a fault, innocent, and slightly naive.

I had all the benefits of a good life and a refined upbringing.  Honestly, I was spoiled rotten, to a point that my insecurities brought out egoic tendencies.  Only now do I see how I grew up to resent the fact that I was sheltered and coddled, never allowed to go out into the world to learn how to deal with it on my own terms.  No wonder I was never happy...
It's only scary until you realize that you are running toward the chasm deliberately.