Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums
- Antonio "Scarface" Montana (Scarface) 1983

Author Topic: Old DAOC player  (Read 10346 times)

Cial Darkheart

Old DAOC player
« on: May 25, 2008, 12:07:40 am »
I used to be a member of RBW in the days of kay/Hib and left due to ill health/work commitment, i was thinking of getting back into warhammer as it is being made by mythic, or new mythic as they have been bought out now and just wanted to touch base with RBW again as have always thought that you offered the best guild experience of any guilds that i have joined over the years, i played WoW but on the european servers, so i didnt have the chance to play with you on whisp.

Anyway, i thought of warhammer and decided to see if you had any plans to play there, i know that its a bit early for server selection and it may be that ill end up playing european servers again depending on how they release the game, but it would be nice to get back with RBW if your members have an interest in playing and what side the Guild would be, but from memory of how the guild was i cant imagine it being destruction  ;)

so, if anyone remembers me, i was a lvl50 warden alchemist back in the day, please feel free to reply and ill keep an eye on this for a while and see if anyone i remember is still around, altinus of course, zanadew, feneiona and im ashamed to say im having trouble with the others  >:(

Cial Darkheart

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
Re: Old DAOC player
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 12:53:13 am »
The guild is definitely looking at Warhammer, I think Moordoom has the lead on it.
Lt. Col. Urragra

Xanadew

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 10:35:45 am »
I know it's been a few years..... maybe closer to 6 to be exact, but for some reason your name looks awfully familiar

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 08:08:53 pm »
Cial,

You are not forgotten and aye we all remember you. Moordoom is working on the Warhammer Company and is in the beta.  Join us at the website the pass is bellum add yourself and I will place you in the Warhammer Company.

Connor

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 09:34:28 pm »
Cial, I am the Force Commander for Silk Road and we'd love to have you with us in game.  Feel free to sign up on the we site so you can log into the forums and send and receive PMs.  That way if you have any questions I can give you my contact info.
Lt. Col. Urragra

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 05:35:12 am »
Sounds good, my yahoo IM is listed on the site and I can PM you my cell number if you need anything.  I am home most of the time right now, so I am fairly available to help or show you the ropes if you need it.  Sunday night is our weekly event and the time most people play regularly.  Any other time is a crap shoot as far as people found on line.  Please don't hesitate to get hold of me if you need anything.
Lt. Col. Urragra

Cial

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 01:41:51 pm »
got the client and its working, but im having no luck getting on the babel server, crowded all the time, was thinking of getting the pay login but a lot of people said it doent make it much better as you often still cant log in, i gave another server a try while i was waiting and the game seems good for a free mmorpg, just have to see how the access issue goes, its usually a problem with most of the good free ones

Cial Darkheart

Miriwina

• Knights of the Watch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 02:54:03 pm »
Oh my, FENEIONA!!!
I remember you!! So glad to see you!! How have you been??? And where?!?! :P
Hmm it's been so long, I don't think you will remember me... but if I can remember my chars' names in there it might help. :P
Murana I believe was my main. Hmm Ferrie Tale was another, Miriamele, I know I had more but I can't remember.
Gosh I can't believe how bad my memory is :(

What game(s) are you playing these days??
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:49:25 am by Miriwina »
Miriwina
Lieutenant Colonel (Lt Col)
The Royal Black Watch

Miriwina

• Knights of the Watch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 12:07:23 pm »
cut down on the name changes? haha I only changed it once since then and even at that, I had a Miriwina in DAOC, a bard I played only in battleground.

Wow almost done with the masters? GRATS!!So what did our little Feneio will become? What did you master in (if I may ask?)

Auto follow... well... everyone was always auto following someone. It was like a trend in there. Those events where we would follow.... outch cant remember his name... a big huge tank... and he would go on and kill mobs and most of the time we were just following and following... boy was the leveling part a bitch.

I have played World of Warcraft for many years after Daoc. Now I play a game called Rift. Both games are much easier on caster than DOAC. yeah a caster can cast even if under attack!! These days I mostly pvp. I am not a fan of instances. Contrarely to DAOC, these games have 'instances' where your group/raid enters an area where no one else can go. There we fight large big meany monsters. Instances aren't bad, but with raid monsters I cant stand the: when the mob does this jump, if he does that back up, or that, run to him and stand on him etc etc.. it makes me feel as if I was dancing the macarona (Sp??) THat is why I stick to pvp. No dance there hehe

Wow and Rift are two good games, but I don't know about wow now, since I quit 2 years ago, but rift requires a powerful computer. you may be able to play with a lesser one but then you need to turn most of the graphics effect off and believe me the game does not look the same.

ahaha yeah I remember that RBW FTW.... you would be quiet for the longest time then BOOM you'd yell that hahaha
Miriwina
The Royal Black Watch

Miriwina

• Knights of the Watch
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 06:07:52 pm »
We'll be checking for you!

How old is the computer is not so much the problem. My HP Computer has played wow without problem and rift could run with the graphics to the minimum.
Your flash game problems could be caused by something else. I had a program I had to uninstall on my HD. It was eating up the memory and using 100% of the cpu after a few hours of running. It was not a virus.. just a bad prg for my WD portable drive and it works without it so.. out it went and now the computer runs like a Cheetah :P
Miriwina
The Royal Black Watch

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 07:47:20 pm »
Fene,

You are still a member of the watch. No one has forgotten you at all. Also remember that there are a few games of that watch that are free to play and will run on your laptop.

Let me know when you can via e-mail and I will reset your account password but it is still here. Of course you can log into the guild teamspeak server :)

Connor