Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums

Author Topic: New SWTOR cgi trailer  (Read 30300 times)

Tadik

• Ranked Officer
  • Honor, Piety, Loyalty
    • View Profile
Re: New SWTOR cgi trailer
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2010, 07:58:14 pm »
I myself will be joining SWTOR as soon as possible, whether it be in a beta or just at launch. You can be sure that Ill be ingame and helping the Watch in any way I can, though I dont know if I will be taking officer duties. My own playtime hasnt been what I would call steady over the last few months, so I cant commit to anything other than being in game as much as I can, and recruiting as much as I can.

Kianne Cassidy

• Website Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2010, 08:41:00 pm »
As it stands now I'll be giving SWTOR a try at the earliest possible time.  Of course I can't say whether I will like it enough to remain, but I'm going to try it at least.

"A bonus quest objective popped up: Jump off the collapsing island.  We all put on Feather Fall and jumped.  We all died.  Like lemmings."

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2010, 05:16:57 pm »
Indeed and as such I would like to see a bit more of a robust command staff. Sort of the same way that we formed in LORTO. I believe that I will be on at Launch and we will start deciding early based on the members present our setup.

One thing that I seem to be missing is how guilds or whatever they are called are setup?

Connor

Aeren

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 07:20:23 pm »
Not released yet, Connore, we'll have to keep watching the friday updates for months, possibly till we find out how guilds/clans/kins are created in TOR.

Kayhynn

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
    • VGS - Video Game Scoreboard - Set World Records
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2010, 09:49:43 pm »
I would like to point out (since I help run the gaming site heh) that EOGamer has a forum dedicated to SWTOR and posts all the news they send our way there.

You can access that individual forum here: http://forums.eogamer.com/forumdisplay.php?70-Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic

Set World Records, Get Gaming News at Video Game Scoreboard: http://www.videogamescoreboard.com/

Remi

• Ranked Officer
  • 存在の理由など無くて
    • View Profile
    • My Characters
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 07:56:04 am »
So is it pathetic to already be picking names and lining them up with races and classes...comp lete with alternate names, and races 'possible to be added' (Togruta I'm looking at you...)?

..haven't even made the first and already considering making a second character of some classes  :-[

Aeren

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 07:53:21 pm »
with barely anything to go on other than some locations and just class names, yea, i'd say its a little soon.  not even all races have been revealed yet

Remi

• Ranked Officer
  • 存在の理由など無くて
    • View Profile
    • My Characters
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 10:04:21 pm »
just class names, yea, i'd say its a little soon.  not even all races have been revealed yet

Be fair, they have released more than 'just names', like listing some skillsets.  Add in hints dropped by devs and such, and you can try to reverse some statements and build up expectations.. .  which of course assuredly won't be lived up to but *shrug* it's in our nature.  Although I already know someone who hyped himself up, then pessimisted himself so harsh..he's already given up on the game as a letdown ;D

Aeren

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2010, 06:44:29 am »
the jedi wizard name was a bit of a stretch, regardless of what their reasoning is (so what if Uncle Ben said it once) , it just doesnt sound science fiction, too fantasy. Hope they listen and change it.

Remi

• Ranked Officer
  • 存在の理由など無くて
    • View Profile
    • My Characters
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2010, 11:18:46 pm »
the jedi wizard name was a bit of a stretch, regardless of what their reasoning is (so what if Uncle Ben said it once) , it just doesnt sound science fiction, too fantasy. Hope they listen and change it.

Agreed.  Always looked at 'jedi wizard' as being the term used by uninformed yokels or superstitious people.  Akin to scifi's human asking the alien to "use your technothingama bobber".

Having  the Jedi themselves use it just feels wrong, like a chemist calling his craft 'alchemy'.

Although..we associate wizard with magic, but the word's root is 'wise'..so it could be an attempt to convey a more spiritual widom-based path of Jedi.

Or maybe they are just good at pinball :P

Aeren

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2010, 11:50:44 pm »
and i told tadik this, jedi wizard is a bit redundant.  and yea, maybe they'll just be really good at pinball  :D

Mioel

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2011, 05:00:05 pm »
lol-I love that we have a very intelligent group of people in the Watch, and as such, have tendencies to get a bit off the original subject.
I guess our proverbial wheels are turning too quickly to merely stay on point...hehehe

Thank you op for posting this thread about the trailer....... lol.....I am on the fence about trying this game, but the recent meeting and this
trailer made me much more interested.

Thanks!

Mioel
To thine own self be true...

XiliX

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 08:53:53 pm »
am curious as to which side RBW will be on for this? I personaly will be on the side of the Sith no matter what.

Aeren

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 09:53:03 pm »
look down in our other forum for the actual Company post about Light vs. Dark ~ http://www.royalblackwatch.net/forums/index.php?topic=6093.0 ~ the RBW is historically on the "good" side - so you'll be wanting on the light side at least to start if you want to be in the company.  Examples where we branch into the other side include WoW - we'll likely do it in ToR, but again, we're going Republic at launch.

XiliX

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 01:47:46 pm »
Thx for the answer Aeren. Question is then, seeing as I will be Sith, what will happen to my standing in RBW? Not that I have even earned a rank yet. I'm an old man & very steadfast in my ways. lol  ;)

Mioel

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2011, 02:28:05 pm »
XiliX

It is not a question of what will happen to you as much as it is, what do you want from RBW, your game play, and this game in particular.
Though, you are set on which side you would like to play, indicating Sith, as Aeren stated,  the RBW will begin on an opposing side.  Therefore, to
join us in this game initially, you would need to be with us as Jedi.  Will you be beaten about the face and neck, hog tied, or tossed from the RBW? NO!
But we would love it, if all of our members that play this game would support the team decision and ride with us for a bit as we play through this
path.  I am sure that eventually, if for nothing else but to experience all aspects of the game, their will be off-shoots of the RBW on the Sith side.

I hope this helps.  If anyone has anything to add that I may have left out, please do so.

Mioel

Zhennu

• Positioned Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2011, 06:26:45 pm »
I agree with Mioel on every thing he said.  I would think we would all support RBW in this MMO!  After our first TOR Teamspeak meeting last month, I am thinking we are going to have a Great time and a Dinamic Guild in TOR.   ;D

Mioel

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2011, 02:50:21 am »
I my be for the republic but I am going to be the meanest nastiest evil Jedi there is ;)

ummm....how could you possibly be an evil, meanie, Sith in disguise, nasty Jedi fraud?????

It is unthinkable... ...y.y..yyyo.. yyour.....Ryia h!?!

lol

Ambusher

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2011, 05:45:01 am »
     Bioware said the PvP will be done on missions that both sides can do with their own agenda. There is a trailer at their webside which gives an example of both sides trying to control some batteries for firing on ships.

Helbrect

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2011, 02:13:37 pm »
I my be for the republic but I am going to be the meanest nastiest evil Jedi there is ;)

or I will have a Sith on another server if I have to  lol

Sounds like sombody is on the lightside and will be rping sombody on the verge of turning to the darkside to me....

Im currently with rift with RBW but im defintly trying this game. As of late im finding it hard to stay interested in a toon long enough to lvl him in rift.

Ambusher

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2011, 09:24:29 pm »
Thx for the answer Aeren. Question is then, seeing as I will be Sith, what will happen to my standing in RBW? Not that I have even earned a rank yet. I'm an old man & very steadfast in my ways. lol  ;)

I will be running a Sith outside the RBW maybe we can start a second group on the good side.  :o

Aeren

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2011, 11:18:52 pm »
I'm sure we'll be flexible in that nature.  Let's hope for some good updates these coming fridays.