Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums

Author Topic: Pete Postlethwaite  (Read 3887 times)

Mioel

• Ranked Officer
    • View Profile
Pete Postlethwaite
« on: January 03, 2011, 03:49:57 pm »
I know in the land of milk and honey stars die everyday.  Some we hear about through various media means and others fade to the four winds.
I don't know whether it is because I have seen too much death in my 45 years on this blue ball, or because my father, now 65, is in the realm
of where most of the men in our family pass from this earthly realm, or because I really truly loved Pete as an actor, but I was very struck by this
news this morning that he had died at 64.  I have seen him in a few movies, all of which I have loved.  He gained fame from movies like
In the Name of the Father", the true life story of the Guildford Four; but I particularly loved him for smaller roles where to me, he made an impact
though the movie itself, maybe have been considered less than stellar.  One such film, is the part he plays of the fisherman father to Perseus in the remake
of "Clash of the Titans".  I love his accent, and how though he can bring out some serious brogue, his attention to inflection of words and annunciation
allow you to understand everything being said.  They said he had originally gone to school to become a priest, may he now be at rest with the Father.

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto. Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula saeculorum. Amen.
To thine own self be true...