Home Main Org Members Forums Events Gallery Library Store
Home Events Forums Site Map
The Royal Black Watch Forums

Author Topic: Another Star Wars another Hope!!  (Read 57274 times)

Freaden

• View Profile
Another Star Wars another Hope!!
« on: February 04, 2009, 07:24:47 pm »
Ok soooo been looking into Biowares new game for Star War buffs. http://www.swtor.com/ . Really not to sure on when it will be hitting the shelfs or if there is even a launch date locked in. Who knows, in my mind nothing(not even WoW) will ever stand up to pre CU SWG. Miss that game. :(. But hey this is some major hope for the MMO world. Not only is it Star Wars, but it is Bioware, which has never let me down. Just a thought. Take care all. Oh and sorry if this is a re-post of the game not sure if anoyone else said anything on it...tried to search forums to check. :-\. Good day all!

Corion
-Gavin-

Moz

• Ranked Officer
  • IT'S A TARP!
    • View Profile
Re: Another Star Wars another Hope!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 04:36:07 am »
Hey Gavin, long time no see. TK speed duel no armor/no buffs?  ;D

We had another thread going a while back about TOR http://www.royalblackwatch.net/forums/index.php?topic=1004.0. Connor, Ki, Daxe, Urr, I, and a few others have expressed interest in the game. TOR is still a year or so from release, so I guess it's still just casual conversation.

The other thread isn't official or anything, so any place is a good place to talk about it.

Major
Co-Project Officer
Charlie Co. MechWarrior Online
Royal Black Watch

Moz

• Ranked Officer
  • IT'S A TARP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 05:50:06 am »
On a related note, BioWare just released a video on the making of Tython, one of the worlds in the game, with some very nice gameplay footage. http://www.swtor.com/media/vidcasts/devdispatch001?sourceid=ea3017

Major
Co-Project Officer
Royal Black Watch

Freaden

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 07:39:17 pm »
I know I was watching that the other day. The graphics are pretty unique. I love how it is looking and coming together so far.

lol it has been a while Moz, those duels never got old. I miss those days. :-[

Moz

• Ranked Officer
  • IT'S A TARP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 03:04:58 am »
I really like the way the environments look. The one scene where the character was exiting a cave into an open forest was pretty awesome. That, and so far the creatures look great as well, IMO. I'm not too crazy about how all the characters look like they're wearing spandex jumpsuits right now, but I have a feeling that's just pre-alpha placeholder clothing. They've gotten a lot of criticism on their forums about that, and the devs have talked about how they're putting a lot of work into having flowing robes, capes, armor, etc., so I think that look will change a lot as the game gets further into development.

lol it has been a while Moz, those duels never got old. I miss those days. :-[

That was some of the most fun pvp I've ever experienced. See how fast you can knock the other guy out, or see how fast you can knock yourself out lol. Doing it without buffs really required some thought, determining exactly how many of which moves you could execute without incapping yourself, and precise timing.

Major
Co-Project Officer
Royal Black Watch

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 03:06:58 am »
Soooooo everyone is gonna be a Jedi then?
Lt. Col. Urragra

Moz

• Ranked Officer
  • IT'S A TARP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 03:15:54 am »
Soooooo everyone is gonna be a Jedi then?

No firm answer from the devs yet, but pretty much all the fans are saying there have to be non-jedi classes available, and there have been hints of other classes like smuggler, BH, commando, etc. Just no details released yet, but they have have said they'll be releasing details of other classes as they get further along in development. I, for one, won't buy the game if jedi is the only class available to players.

Major
Co-Project Officer
Royal Black Watch

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 06:33:51 am »
Me too Moz... no desire to be a Jedi here.
Lt. Col. Urragra

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 06:43:40 am »
I want to be a Jedi Cleric Ranger :)

Connor

Freaden

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 05:42:58 pm »
Funny how you asked about jedi being the only class Urr. I am with you as well Moz, I really dont want to bum around with a whole world of jedi. No fun and just no spice to life with that mix. I really cant say I wont play a jedi but it has never really been my cup of tea (thanks SWG for ruining jedi in the MMO world.). My brother and I were just talking about how jedi ruined the SWG world by being way op.(compared to the other classes.). Obviously a jedi in the times of vader and what not should be incredibly op, the unfourtunate thing is SWG was not taking that into consideration, that jedi in that time were crazy good cause they survived there whole people being wiped from exsistance. With TOR the good news is you have fresh jedi, with it being the clone era. SOOOO that should take care of any op factors. So I can see a jedi being just another class as opposed to the jedi of SWG days.

Welp there is my rant for the day. Sorry for the ear full all. :-\

Gavin

Connor Altinus Mcleod

• Guildmaster
  • Administrator
  • Strength and Honor
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Black Watch
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 02:59:36 pm »
Well I know that in the normal Star Wars Game they had subclasses of Jedi and not all were the same power.. A thought is a idea that the Jedi are there as well as others and you can either play pure classes or multi-classes.

Connor

Daxe

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 12:38:33 pm »
I definately like the multi class option but I'm no Jedi. I enjoyed the medic role and would probably go that way again.
I agree...the CU killed the game for me and of course just eliminating classes is just rude.

hehe Gavin, I don't know why I ever bothered to duel you...I never ever won and never came close ! If I recall weren't you the martial arts expert ?

Freaden

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 10:46:24 pm »
I was a TKM...I thought I had something else, but I cant remember. I do remember duels, :) I miss them and that game(pre CU), adn the crew we had on there. I do agree with you Daxe, the removing of all of there classes and what not was rude and a very wrong turn for them to make with all the veteren players they had. Was a sad day to quit that game. ='[. Hope Bioware does something similar but diffierent enough to keep us enjoying the game.

Moz

• Ranked Officer
  • IT'S A TARP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 12:32:01 am »
One piece of good news: they've confirmed Bounty Hunter as a class (has it's own class discussion board for folks to get their opinions in early), and have hinted at smuggler/underworld criminal, and soldier/spec ops classes. There's also a poll taking votes on a wide range of what classes people would like to see in the game. http://www.swtor.com/community/
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:41:58 am by Moztok »

Major
Co-Project Officer
Royal Black Watch

Freaden

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 12:54:01 am »
Thanks for the info Moz, just went and placed my votes. I like to see them asking the people what they want. also good to know they are having multiple classes.

Moz

• Ranked Officer
  • IT'S A TARP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2009, 03:20:46 am »
They've posted a first look at the Bounty Hunter class on the website. There's a cool video of one shooting while flying by jetpack in the combat tactics section. http://www.swtor.com/info/classes/bounty-hunter?sourceid=ea3254

Major
Co-Project Officer
Royal Black Watch

Freaden

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 07:17:51 pm »
I know, the BH class looks sick! I have read though that it only may pertain to the Empire. So it seemed to me that no BH's for the republic. =[. Kinda seems odd, the way they explain it I suppose makes sense.....but still a bit dissapointing. I am sure Bioware has something up there sleeves for everyone though.=]

Moz

• Ranked Officer
  • IT'S A TARP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 06:03:18 am »
I know, the BH class looks sick! I have read though that it only may pertain to the Empire. So it seemed to me that no BH's for the republic. =[. Kinda seems odd, the way they explain it I suppose makes sense.....but still a bit dissapointing. I am sure Bioware has something up there sleeves for everyone though.=]

Not sure they'll be sith only, the page describes bounty hunters as being individualisti c, each having his or her own code of ethics (or lack thereof). Republic BHers might be more like law enforcement personnel, where sith or neutral-aligned would be more like assassins or executioners.

There's a new video on the website that describes the game's timeline http://www.swtor.com/info/timeline/timeline1

Major
Co-Project Officer
Royal Black Watch

Freaden

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 04:48:04 pm »
Sweet to know a bit more of the timeline, thanks Moz. :). I know what you are saying too Moz, BH's are there own man and it makes sense with what you are stating. My only worry is how they have them described in the BH section. It really only talks about the Empire really using them. It is to soon to jump in and say faction class....I just hope you are right Moz, BH's are their own person, I really dont see how you can say they are "good" or "evil". It just wouldnt make sense....

Gav

Dalantos

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 05:31:23 pm »
 I think they should make BHs neutral...in the PvP aspect of things,if a BH attacks a Republic aligned then they are attackable(is that a word?) by players for the Republic for a certain length of time and same for the Empire.This adds more an element of danger imho.Also,BHs should have the option of gaining faction with one side or the other.What do yall think?

Freaden

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 05:45:43 pm »
I like the faction idea a lot Dalantos! That is one of many things I loved about SWG(pre CU) was having to gain the faction to join the Republic/Imperials. It made you feel proud, cause you had to work for it and earn new rankings. it was really cool. The only thing of having a BH stay neutral the whole time is you may scare a BH away from the game. Still a good idea. :)

Gav

Moz

• Ranked Officer
  • IT'S A TARP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 06:48:02 pm »
Yeah, I like the idea of them being neutral, or maybe members of their own underworld faction, able to play both sides of the fence. I guess we'll have to wait for more info about how factions will work.

Major
Co-Project Officer
Royal Black Watch

Urragra

• Knights of the Watch
  • Molon Labe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 08:05:34 pm »
maybe members of their own underworld faction, able to play both sides of the fence.

Kind of like the non aligned faction in JTL...
Lt. Col. Urragra

Freaden

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 07:30:11 pm »
More news on the Star Wars front, the Trooper class is revealed! YAY! Also a video on how the making of worlds is done and what some of the designers feel about the worlds they have and are working on! Enjoy. http://www.swtor.com/

Moz

• Ranked Officer
  • IT'S A TARP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 04:44:39 pm »
The trooper class looks pretty sweet. I wonder if they'll have Mandalorian mercs as a counter-balance, since the trooper looks like it's republic faction only.

Major
Co-Project Officer
Royal Black Watch